Thursday, March 29, 2007

Ask.com and Quintara issue

I started to use Ask.com a little more regularly. I noticed that it does some seem to pull back a pretty different set of data than google(naturally they are different.) But the interesting part is that I did a search on White Whale (the band). On Google, it was right near the top but on Ask, it brought back a lot more hits on the animal first. I may use Ask for some work related issues and see what comes about.

Quintara has an annoying usability issue. If you accidently mouse over an item on the left that you are not interested in, too bad. You're getting new results. Couldn't they make it take effect with an onclick rather then hover?

1 comment:

Ed Dale said...

I think the worse thing on Quintura is that I cannot get back, once I have made a "mistake" I am stuck with it.

I like the hover over, just hate that I don't know how to recover from a mistake.